We are using a printer device description.  No remote output queue.

Debbie

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Tykodi
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:47 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: HP Laserjet 4350 & Drawer issue

Hi Debbie,

Is your definition of the IBM host using a printer device description or is
it a remote output queue?

The reason I ask is because the selection of paper size is handled
differently across these two printer device management methods.

Best Regards,

/Paul

>date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:49:51 -0700
>from: "DebbieKelemen" <DebbieKelemen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>subject: HP Laserjet 4350 & Drawer issue
>
>I have a HP Laserjet 4350 which we do Letter & Legal forms with.  I
>have been fighting with this thing for over 8 months now.  When we send the
>output to the letter drawer it pulls without operator intervention.
>When we send to the legal drawer it tells us to either us the manual drawer
of
>push the button to except the settings for the drawer.  We have all the
>setting for the bottom tray set for legal but it still wants intervention.
>

>Any ideas how to get past this?  It's driving the users >crazy.

>Debbie

Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant
TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC