From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
endofthetrail@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 9:36 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Rural Outsourcing

>I've been consulting since 1991,
>and haven't skipped a beat,
>until recently.  I've seen a
>number of customers decide to
>de-install AS/400 and go another
>route.  I've seen some large
>outsource deals.
>
>But I haven't seen very much
>'rural-outsourcers' as the
>OP suggests.

I have about the same story.  I like being home on the farm with the kids
and animals, but I also enjoy the work and challenge from the computin'
stuff.  I know that I could have been much better off (in the bank account),
if I would have cloaked myself in a suit and tie, played the corporate game,
and willing to travel more.

I does amaze me when clients are willing to let someone on the other side of
the world dail in, but are reluctent to let me dail in from 2 hours away.

A dream job for me would be... to be able travel the county to see
landmarks, nature, and many state and national parks with my family and
horses while having the ability to dail in to support my clients.

It never hurts to have a dream...

Eurrat Saylor, Jr.
Walkerton, In.