Hi Sharon,

I have Win XP sp2 w/firewall and the LPD Service works OK with an iSeries host
remote output queue.

Make sure the Microsoft TCP/IP Printing Service is actually started (Control
Panel - Administrative Tools - Services). By default, it is installed as being
started manually and the service is therefore not running when you boot your PC.

You only need to allow connections on port 515 to support LPR clients so there
is no need to disable the firewall completely.

Make sure the iSeries remote queue name matches the Windows printer driver
name. To preserve case, enclose the iSeries information in that parameter with
single quotes.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul