From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Gibbs
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:17 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Service Program Signatures and Change Management

Fleming, Greg (ED) wrote:
> I thought service programs were bound to the calling programs at
> run-time.

They are, but at compile time a signature (similar to a file format
level identifier) is pulled in from the service program and embedded in
the program ... if the program tries to bind to the service program at
runtime and the signature doesn't match, you get an error.

Binder source can be used to control the signatures.

david