I looked into those APIs once for my software.  After 10
minutes (ADD kicked in) I said "I'm gonna roll my own..."

So I did.  :)  Even the 30 day period thing.  And it's set
up so if someone is testing DR, they can email me and
request a key for any amount of time (max 90 days) starting
at any date, not just today's date (which is why my site
gives them).

It's worked out great for a couple customers so far.  I
didn't ask why they wanted to set the clock back on their
DR machine for testing.  :)

Now, if there was an easy way to retrieve the LPAR ID that
is unique and would never change.  :)  I have code to do
it, but I don't dare implement it cuz it's messy.  lol...

Brad