Sure... assuming you have "some" communications knowledge.

Create a dial line on both ends and use DDM to make the
transfer.

You can also use your procomm by having a pc on both ends
and do transfers up and down to each pc. This assumes a
pc is connected to the box on both ends.

I have no idea where the manuals are these days. I don't
think anyone else does either.

Start here maybe:
 http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm

There are "several" ways to do this but they all require a
good bit of reading.

Bill Francis wrote:

I would like to transfer files to another system from my AS400 using a
dial-up modem.

Where I'm transferring the files too will not allow FTP transfers from the
internet.

Is the AS400 able to do a dial-up file transfer?

If so please point me in the right direction.

How would I dial?

Can I select protocols?

How could I script the log-on, transfer, log-off processes?

It's so easy to do on a PC using PROCOMM but I've never been able to find
anything regarding doing it on the AS400.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Bill