AGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

Honestly, these conversations are getting absurd.  No offense, Doug, but by
your definition even Windows doesn't have a native GUI; it requires a
graphics controller to render the graphics.  And most Unix machines use some
sort of X-Windows approach, which is a non-graphical data stream being
rendered by a very intelligent workstation or PC.

Unless your primary CPU is actually calculating the position and RGB values
of each pixel of your graphical device, it's not really a native GUI.  And
the point is that we don't WANT our primary CPUs doing that stuff; it's a
waste of precious processing power.  Instead, we want to send terse but
robust GDL commands to a processor that actually renders the data.  And
whether this is a micro-language like those used by the graphics cards
drivers or a high-level definition language descended from XML, it's all the
same thing: you don't paint screens with your business CPU.

But this is common sense.

Joe