You got it.  There are a few other reasons for a delayed run other than CPU
cycles (other jobs scheduled for 2:15, 2:20, 2:21, etc that fire off first
would be one example) but you are correct in the essentials.  The "signal"
will fire when 2:30 is "jumped over" and the job will be allowed to run as
soon as possible.

             qsrvbas@netscape.
             net
             midrange-l-bounce         midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/01/2006 09:58          RE: RE: Daylight Saving Time
             PM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Just to clarify and make certain I don't misunderstand, I would expect that
a job scheduled for 2:30AM would run as soon after 3:00AM as CPU cycles
would allow for the job scheduler. (Though Rob said 1:30 AM, I'd guess he
meant 2:30AM.)

That is, the scheduler wouldn't necessarily be running a job exactly,
precisely at a given time. More likely, it would run the job starting at
the time the signal arrived that indicated a scheduled time had passed. For
2:30AM on the morning of a time change from 2:00AM to 3:00AM, that signal
_ought_ to be generated at 3:00AM. (Or 3:00:00.000001AM or whatever.)

Make sense? It would depend on how the signal was generated (whatever the
"signal" is).

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at
http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.