Jeff,

One thing I've discovered by experience, if you're using SNTP you have to
have the QTIMZON value set correctly. SNTP will only make a change of up to
an hour, and the system talks to the NTP server in UTC time. If you have
the wrong QTIMZON value set your offset will be wrong and change required
will be more than an hour and fail.

Thanks

Adam Driver
Technical Consultant
Kaz Technology Services
www.kaz-group.com
Phone: +61 2 9844 0386
Fax: +61 2 9281 5261

date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:27:28 -0600
from: "Haase, Justin C." <justin.haase@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Daylight Saving Time

Even if you check with external, the time shift occurs automatically
with QN0500EST or EST2 (or any other zone if enabled), as indicated if
you click Edit... With your time zone selected, then click the Daylight
Saving Time tab.  Ensure "Enable Daylight Saving Time" is checked,
ensure the dates below are correct, and everything will work magically.

Always good to check on the systems those nights, though.  The automated
checker (SNTP client) will be **WAY** off, but since the system will
know a time adjustment is in-progress, it shouldn't even check anyway.
Then once you're done with the DST on/DST off, it'll continue to
reference the time source, and since your UTC offset changed, all should
be well on the next check.

--
Justin C. Haase - iSeries System Engineer
IBM Certified Systems Expert - eServer i5