I've checked out ASC but they told me they charge "more" (I've heard 100%)
for ISV's.  I sell relatively few licenses a year, so their solution becomes
disproportionately expensive on a per-sale basis.  IBM doesn't charge me
more for a compiler because I use it to develop applications for sale, nor
do other vendors charge me when I use a tool to upgrade my code.

I can't figure out if ASC charges based on the number of the source members
or the number of program objects.  If your application is moderately
modularized, it appears you're going to be penalized.

I explained my evaluation process (including a TRB session in Rochester,
which you'd think would be a significant indication of my intent), noted the
other solution I had evaluated in detail, and provided source member/object
information but I never got a price.  Life is too short and I'll take my
business elsewhere.

-rf