Does that mean UTC is what goes into QHST?  Does that mean if I view QHST,
then change my time zone or offset, then view QHST again, the times will be
different?

That seems to be what he's saying (though I haven't tested it.) I know that this is the way the dates/times in the IFS work.

And how does the Advanced Job Scheduler know not to run that 1:30am
scheduled job a 2nd time?  Or does it run again?  (No, I don't have any
between 1am and 3am, but inquiring minds want to know.)

Again, I haven't tested it, but according to what Bruce is saying, it shouldn't have a problem. You're thinking in local time, and that's why you're thinking that 1:30 occurs twice. In UTC time it does not.

Where I live (Central time zone) the standard time is -0600 from UTC. Daylight savings is -0500 from UTC.

So if I schedule a job for 1:30, the system says "hmmm... he's 5 hours earlier than UTC. So I'll schedule that job for 6:30 UTC". When the scheduler is running jobs, it's using that UTC time which doesn't change. When 1:30 rolls around the first time, it's 6:30 UTC because it's still daylight savings time. When 2:00 comes, daylight savings ends and the offset changes to -0600. My clock now says 1:00 local time, but the UTC time is 7:00, which is later than 6:30. When 1:30 rolls around it'll be 7:30 UTC...

At least I think that's what Bruce is saying. (It doesn't completely make sense, because then all of your job schedule entries will be an hour off of what they originally were, which would cause a great deal of confusion.)