       Date: May 26, 2005 09:08 AM
      Author: Herman (iseries400@xxxxxxxxxxx)
      Subject: Example

  /*  Program : PRCRDYSPLF                                         */
  /*  Version : 3.00                                               */
  /*  System  : iSeries                                            */
  /*  Author :  Herman Van der Staey                               */
  /*                                                               */
  /*  Description : Process Ready Spooled files in an OUTQ         */
  /*                                                               */
  /*  Submit this program to jobq QSYSNOMAX or QUSRNOMAX           */
  /*  so that it stays active all the time.                        */
  /*                                                               */
  /*  Create a DTAQ with length 128 and connect it to the OUTQ     */
  /*  that must be processed.                                      */
  /*                                                               */
  /*  Execute this once  :                                         */
  /*                                                               */
  /*  CRTDTAQ    DTAQ(MYLIB/MYDTAQ) MAXLEN(128) TEXT('dtaq +       */
  /*             connected to outq MYOUTQ')                        */
  /*  CHGOUTQ    OUTQ(MYLIB/MYOUTQ) DTAQ(MYLIB/MYDTAQ)             */
  /*                                                               */
  /*  Each time a spooled files comes READY in the outq            */
  /*  an entry is written to the associated dataqueue.             */

 PRCRDYSPLF: PGM

             DCL        VAR(&FLDLEN) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(5 0) VALUE(128)
             DCL        VAR(&FIELD)  TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(128)
             DCL        VAR(&WAIT)   TYPE(*DEC) LEN(5 0) VALUE(-1)

             DCL        VAR(&JOBQUAL)    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(26)
             DCL        VAR(&JOBNAME)    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
             DCL        VAR(&USER   )    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
             DCL        VAR(&JOBNBR )    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(6)
             DCL        VAR(&SPLFILE)    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
             DCL        VAR(&SPLNBRBIN)  TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             DCL        VAR(&SPLNBRCHR)  TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(6)
             DCL        VAR(&SPLNBRDEC)  TYPE(*DEC)  LEN(6 0)
             DCL        VAR(&TOTPAGCHR)  TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             DCL        VAR(&TOTPAGDEC)  TYPE(*DEC)  LEN(5 0)
             DCL        VAR(&TOTCOPCHR)  TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             DCL        VAR(&TOTCOPDEC)  TYPE(*DEC)  LEN(5 0)
             DCL        VAR(&FORMTYPE)   TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

             DCL        VAR(&RECEIVER) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(3000)
             DCL        VAR(&RECLEN)   TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)

             CHGVAR     VAR(%BIN(&RECLEN)) VALUE(3000)

             /*  &wait = -1, which means : wait indefinitely  */
             /*  until an entry arrives.                      */
 LOOP:       CALL       PGM(QRCVDTAQ) PARM('MYDTAQ    '  'MYLIB     '  &FLDLEN +
                          &FIELD &WAIT)

             IF         COND(&FLDLEN *NE 0) THEN(DO) /* entry +
                          received */

             CHGVAR     VAR(&JOBQUAL)   VALUE(%SST(&FIELD 13 26))
             CHGVAR     VAR(&JOBNAME)   VALUE(%SST(&FIELD 13 10))
             CHGVAR     VAR(&USER)      VALUE(%SST(&FIELD 23 10))
             CHGVAR     VAR(&JOBNBR)    VALUE(%SST(&FIELD 33 6))
             CHGVAR     VAR(&SPLFILE)   VALUE(%SST(&FIELD 39 10))
             CHGVAR     VAR(&SPLNBRBIN) VALUE(%SST(&FIELD 49 4))
             CHGVAR     VAR(&SPLNBRDEC) VALUE(%BIN(&FIELD 49 4))
             CHGVAR     VAR(&SPLNBRCHR) VALUE(&SPLNBRDEC)

   /*  Here you can retrieve spooled file attributes.        */
   /*  I give an example with Formtype, total pages and      */
   /*  total copies.                                         */

             CALL       PGM(QUSRSPLA) PARM(&RECEIVER &RECLEN +
                          'SPLA0100' &JOBQUAL ' ' ' ' &SPLFILE +
                          &SPLNBRBIN)

             CHGVAR     VAR(&FORMTYPE) VALUE(%SST(&RECEIVER 81 10))

             CHGVAR     VAR(&TOTPAGDEC) VALUE(%BIN(&RECEIVER 141 4))
             CHGVAR     VAR(&TOTPAGCHR) VALUE(&TOTPAGDEC)

             CHGVAR     VAR(&TOTCOPDEC) VALUE(%BIN(&RECEIVER 169 4))
             CHGVAR     VAR(&TOTCOPCHR) VALUE(&TOTCOPDEC)

  /*  Put here the instructions you want to perform when    */
  /*  a spooled file arrives in the outq                    */
  /*                                                        */

    Here at this location in the program you have the
    &JOBNAME, &USER, &JOBNBR, &SPLFILE and &SPLNBRCHR
    variables available to identify the new spooled file
    that became READY in the outq.

             SNDPGMMSG  MSG('New spooled file arrived')

  /*  read next dataqueue entry                             */

             GOTO       CMDLBL(LOOP)

             ENDDO

 END:        ENDPGM

Hope above information could help you.