I'm pretty sure that this is a 720, not a 270.  I'm sure that it will be
big enough to handle your workload but my question, and I'm not picking
on you Dave, is why wouldn't you get a newer 810 or something like that
instead of 6 year old technology?

I recently sat through a meeting where our DBA was saying that our data
warehouse screams on SQL server vs. the old database on the mainframe.
I had to point out that the SQL Server resides on a brand new
dual-processor 4 GHZ machine whereas our DB2 data warehouse was on a
three-year-old mainframe that wasn't anywhere near the top of the line
when we bought it.

Speaking only for myself I would gladly trade 2 or 4 GB of memory for a
newer CPU.  I also agree with Rob that I would not want anything less
that 4 17.5 GB drives.  The question you need to answer is: Do you want
a solution that will last 5 or more years or do you want a solution that
will last two or fewer years?

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator