From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 10:47 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Getting List of Files on a Remote Server

Keep in mind that this output is unique to the iSeries -client-.  Thus if
your iSeries is initiating the ftp session to some other server it will
work.  And, according to what you read it's dir (disk not dir (file I tried
it on my machine and it worked.  I could then exit the ftp session and type
in DSPPFM DIROUTPUT.

An alternative might be to OVRDBF OUTPUT TOFILE(myfile) and read through
that.

Another alternative might be to use FTPAPI and process that.  I really think
that's what you're going to want to do.  You'll have to search the archives
for FTPAPI.  It's not a standard iSeries command.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Lapeyre, Francis" <FLAPEYRE@xxxxxxxx>
01/23/2006 11:30 AM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Getting List of Files on a Remote Server

All,

I'm sure I'm missing something simple. I have to get a list of files on a
remote server so that when I pick them up with GET, they can be renamed to
something unique (I can't use the IFS for this because of the constraints
of
the application I'm working with.

According to

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzaiq/rzaiq

dir.htm
<
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzaiq/rzai

qdir.htm>

I should be able to use the DIR subcommand and it will write a file called
DIROUTPUT with a list of the files, which I would then use to build the
next
script.

220 FTP server ready.
Enter login ID (xxxxxxxx):
331 Password required for xxxxxxx.
230 User xxxxxxxx logged in.  Access restrictions apply.
UNIX Type: L8
Enter an FTP subcommand.
> LCD FMLLIB
Local working directory is FMLLIB
Enter an FTP subcommand.
> DIR *.* (File
Use of subcommand DIr not correct.
Enter an FTP subcommand.

The manual is not really clear; should I use QUOTE or some such?

Francis Lapeyre
IS Dept. Programmer/Analyst
Stewart Enterprises, Inc.
E-mail: flapeyre@xxxxxxxx <mailto:flapeyre@xxxxxxxx>