From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Iseries Education and marketing

Jim...

yes and recall MS was using, I think, 27 of the LARGEST AS/400's in their
day...HP is using iSeries(and leaving it shortly)....

Sure they use IBM technology, but we're talking specifically ISERIES or i5
(to keep Trevor from howling at me).  Most of what's being used in major
colleges and univ's is pSeries, zSeries and xSeries.  Yes, a few are using
limited iSeries...but not many...and for limited functionality...and not
for teaching a state of the art o/s....

Jim you need to reread all the postings on this list from those who's local
school used to teach it but don't any more.  The most recent ones that
point out that schools couldn't make classes minimum requirements when
teaching iSeries but have full classrooms when teaching windows/unix!  Did
you not read any of those?  THAT is the reality.  And why would they ask
for stuff that they don't see a market for or a limited market for when
they can FILL classrooms with other subject matter????

Yeah, I'm shoveling, but it's not snow, my friend... :)

Don in DC