Hi Rob -

I have a command that I ran
CHGCMD CMD(SNDBRKMSG) ALLOW(*IMOD *BMOD *IREXX *BREXX *BPGM *IPGM *EXEC
*BATCH)
Basically it has everything but *interact because I had users that went
nuts with SNDBRKMSG to all users.
I have a utility program called SNDBRKUSR that finds all the sessions for
a user, using api's, and then sends a break message to those sessions.
However, since I took away *INTERACT this code:
        cmd='SNDBRKMSG MSG(' + Apostrophe + %Trim(BrkMsg) + Apostrophe +
            ') TOMSGQ(' + %trim(JLJobNam) + ')';
        qcmdexc(cmd:%len(%trim(cmd)));
generates this:
CPD0031-Command SNDBRKMSG not allowed in this setting.

I take it I either add *INTERACT back in, or replace the call to QCMDEXC
with a CL program, right?

From the Fine Manual:

*EXEC
The command can be used as a parameter on the CALL command and be passed as a character string to the system program QCMDEXC (or QCAEXEC) for processing. If *EXEC is specified, either *BATCH or *INTERACT must also be specified.

You need *EXEC to use SNDBRKMSG with QCMDEXC and need either *BATCH or *INTERACT depending on the environment.

For your purposes it sounds like using a CL program is the simplest thing.

Just a side note, you should use %trimr, not %trim, in
%len(%trim(cmd)), otherwise if there are any leading blanks in the command, that many non-blank characters will be lost from the end because the length parameter will be less than what it should be by the number of leading blanks. Also, %trimr runs faster than %trim because it only has to trim one end.

Ken
http://www.ke9nr.net/