VARPG is a language and beside Ibm not spending money in it to make it
better and competitive the only part to blame (?) are Iseries developers...
If only more people push using it we can have a decent tool, people there in
Toronto are really good, only they have a 0$ budget.
It's RPG, real rpg with a GUI interface, the learning curve for an RPG
programmer is quite short.
About the the "thick client" problem I can only say it's a non existing
problem. Install it on a file server (any flavour: windows, unix, ifs or
samba) and it works. VARPG isn't so dependent from windows, it has his own
runtime and there is no need of setup complicated environment.

Marco