midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   6. RE: RE: Some fodder for marketing, perhaps (Doug Hart)
>
>date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:21:44 -0500
>
> I can't remember the model 170 but my home 50S still has internal
>batteries.  It stays up through short power outages fine.  I only have to
>reset the TCP networking because my router and switch go down.

Doug:

Internal batteries/UPS was my obvious first thought, but I haven't seen any
indication before and we have a power drop every other month or so during
fall/winter -- the system's een here three years. It's a little irritating that
there wasn't a "Utility power lost/Utility power restored" set of messages for
example. Hmmm... come to think of it, I don't recall if I created QSYSMSG...
maybe I didn't look far enough. Since it didn't power off/on, I didn't worry
enough to look deeper.

Guess I'll have to do some serious looking. Thanks for making me think.

Tom Liotta