On 12/27/05, Condon, Mike <M1C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ethernet right now, a company call Etime that feeds data to ADP. So we
> would need to replace them with a more "open source" kind of clock, poll
> them ourselves with a service, parse the data, store it in a database,
> write a user interface for managers to look at/approve the data,
> generate reports, etc., and feed it to ADP for
> Payroll processing twice a month.
>
> Did you do the same sort of thing in-house, and if so, what did the
> programming effort turn out to be?

I believe that eTime is essentially Kronos Time and Attendance sold by ADP.
There may be a bit more to it, but that is the gist.

I am wondering why you would be looking to replace it, and why you wouldn't
first go to Kronos for an improved solution or upgrade.  I have a fair
amount of experience with older versions of their PC-based package.  It
isn't the flashiest system around, but it just works.  At my last employer
we had to do some thinking to get a few strange union contract rules to
work, but we were able to do so.  There is an iSeries version of their Time
and Attendance system, so you could pull data and/or integrate with any
other systems.

This seems like a wheel that has been invented several times already, and so
I havea hard time seeing how inventing it again makes sense.

Good luck!

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx