I received this question in an email from one of our developers.  I have
verified the profile has the correct authority to do the update, but I
can not seem to locate the cause of the error message.  I even went so
far as to give *PUBLIC all authority to the file.
Where can I find information on the error code?

*RNF5198 30      1 File in Factor 2 is not allowed for UPDATE or DELETE
                   operation.

Here is the code:

86 C                   Read(E)   ISPFPSO
87 C                   DoW       NOT %EOF
88  *
89 C                   If        ENTXSO = *BLANKS
90 C     KPSDX         Chain(E)  ISPSDX0
91 C                   If        NOT %ERROR
92 C                   Eval      ENTXSO = ENTXSX
93 C                   Update(e) ISPSO00
94 C                   Endif
95 C                   Endif
96  *
97 C                   Read(E)   ISPFPSO
98 C                   EndDo

Here is the authority I found for the file:

                            Display Object Authority

 Object . . . . . . . :   ISPFPSO         Owner  . . . . . . . :   ISPRD

   Library  . . . . . :     xxxxxxxx      Primary group  . . . :   *NONE

 Object type  . . . . :   *FILE           ASP device . . . . . :
*SYSBAS

 Object secured by authorization list  . . . . . . . . . . . . :
PRDDTA

                          Object    ----------Object-----------

 User        Group       Authority  Opr  Mgt  Exist  Alter  Ref

 *GROUP      ISPRD       *ALL        X    X     X      X     X

 *PUBLIC                 *USE        X

Bruce Barrett
PMI Mortgage Insurance Co.
3003 Oak Road
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
925-658-6152
bruce.barrett@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

This thread ...