Operations Console uses the users from STRSST, not the users from
WRKUSRPRF.  I would always make more than one person in STRSST. Apparently
it is common practice to have only one person in STRSST and that is
QSECOFR.  I made sure that I added myself to STRSST.  Frankly the boss
kept disabling QSECOFR from STRSST.  The password for STRSST QSECOFR may
be, and often is, different than the WRKUSRPRF QSECOFR.  Also passwords
used in STRSST can be mixed case.  Granted, they can be for WRKUSRPRF also
in some of the newer releases of i5/os but very few people turn that
option on.

There is a way to reset QSECOFR in STRSST.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/rzajr/rzajrrecoveriseries.htm
And don't let the thought of accessing stuff through DST scare you.  You
CAN do this while everyone else continues to work on your box.

There is an area where Pat Botz and I disagree.  And that is I allow the
people in STRSST to reset their own passwords.
But we are also considering software to allow users to reset their i5/os,
domino ldap, domino, and Windows passwords after we get to a single sign
on environment.  (of that he knows much more than I)