Dear List,

  I am doing some work for a customer who has an iSeries 9406-800 running V5R2.
They use a PC (Win XP sp2) as their iSeries console. It is connected to the
iSeries server using a special cable provided by IBM and the cable connects to
a board in the iSeries back plane. The setup appears to allow the iSeries
Access Operations Console software to establish a high speed serial
communication link with the iSeries server.

  Recently the PC software has claimed that all of the iSeries server
administrative user ID's are disabled and this has caused the console function
to stop working due to logon failure. When I plugged a twinax terminal into the
iSeries, I found that at the server end of the communication all of the user
ID's are fine and the system is running fine.

  It seems like the iSeries Access Operations Console software may have written
some erroneous password information to the registry and that has caused it to
fail. The un-install and re-install of the software does not resolve the
problem.

  The PC is at the latest iSeries Access service pack for V5R2.

  Does anyone know what registry keys might have become corrupted to cause this
unexpected behavior?

  Thanks.

  Best Regards,

  /Paul