From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 8:17 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem with MSF

Update:
I left the 'STRMSF' running.  After 3 DAYS it finally finished starting,
and
my 3 QMS jobs are running in QSYSWRK subsystem. I was able to send an
email
to my hotmail account using SNDDST, just like before all of this
happened.

Geez, 3 DAYS to start up.  I sure wonder what it was up to all of that
time.

Tom

"Tom" <tomh5480@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Update:
>
> I've tried running STRMSF for 12 hours now, but it's just sitting
there.
> Looking thru the entries in outq QEZJOBLOG,  I see this entry:
>
> Message . . . . :   Error occurred during running of MSF API.
> Cause . . . . . :   An error occurred during running of the mail
server
>  framework (MSF) QzmfCrtMailMsg API. The reason code is 01.  Reason
codes
> an
>  their meanings follow: 01 -- MSF pool index not found 02 -- MSF queue
not
>  found 03 -- MSF internal object not found 04 -- MSF internal object
lock
> no
>  available 05 -- Error while addressing parameter list 06 -- MSF space
>  damaged 07 -- MSF API cannot be called from job 99 -- Unknown error
> Recover
>   . . . :   Based on the reason code, do one of the following: 01-03
--
> Use
>  the Start Mail Server Framework (STRMSF) command to start the MSF
jobs
>  again.
>
> Based on this, my MSF pool index is missing (whatever that is), and
that I
> should use STRMSF to get it going again.
>
> Any ideas on what I should do now?
>
> Tom
>

> "Tom" <tomh5480@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> We had a hard power outage, and now I'm receiving this in my QSYSOPR
>> msgq:
>>
>> Message ID . . . . . . :   CPFAFA0
>> Date sent  . . . . . . :   11/09/05      Time sent  . . . . . . :
>> 21:26:17
>>
>> Message . . . . :   Errors detected on MSF internal message index.
>>
>> Cause . . . . . :   Mail server framework (MSF) internal message
>> was
>>   damaged or destroyed.
>>

>> I've tried to run STRMSF *CLEAR, waited about 4 hours for it to
finish
>> (it didn't). I've also tried STRMSF *RESET, but that doesn't help
either.

>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> --
>> This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L)
mailing