I don't think most people are noticing that you said
"INKJET" printer and not LASER printer.

That would be interesting to see if it would work.

Just compile the print file with *AFPDS and give it a
twirl....

Just don't tell it to auto rotate or any of
those other laser kind of things....

This is where the autoconfig feature might be a
"gotcha".

I'm sure you realize that it is gonna be kinda "slow" drawing
a box and then putting somthing in that box with a "spray & pray".

Booth Martin wrote:

I have a H/P inkjet printer attached to my PC.  I want to know if it is
reasonably possible to let the iSeries auto-define the printer, and allow me
to print a box and/or lines with an externally described printer file?

If so, what is it that I am probably overlooking? Any ideas?