Hi Rich,

I'm located in North America and when I visit the
Epson web site and choose North America, I have never
been able to locate very much reference material.

Some years ago, I found that the Epson web site for
the UK had a much better selection of user manuals
available for download as pdf's. I typically use that
Epson site to find a reference manual when I need one.

The ESC/P Reference Manual for the DFX-8500 can be
found here:
http://esupport.epson-europe.com/GettingStarted.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=35582DAC4A6741A85BFBC69A2EB2F5A3A61289B9767B0913049DCEB9BDD61F4D

The commands you need are as follows:

Select Back Tractor - 1B 19 42
Select Front Tractor - 1B 19 46

If you have specific questions about how to enter the
commands into a WSCST of the Epson driver you
previously mentioned, let me know.

Best Regards,

/Paul

>date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:16:24 -0500
>from: Rich Duzenbury
><rduz-midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>subject: Re: Epson DFX 8500
>
>On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 12:23 -0700, Paul Tykodi wrote:
>> Hi Rich,
>>
>> In order to make this work, I believe there is a
>> printer hardware pre-requisite. The printer
>typically
>> must have an automatic paper cutting feature
>> installed. The purpose of the cutter is to burst
>> continuous forms paper so that it can be retracted
>> from the printer when you want to change to the
>other
>> tractor.
>>
>> If this feature is installed, you can place the
>Epson
>> ESC/P2 printer control commands for the back and
the
>> bottom tractors into the input tray parameters in
>the
>> WSCST. Selecting a source drawer in the printer
file
>> will then determine which tractor feed will be
>> activated at the printer to process the spool file.
>Thanks Paul!
>
>I don't know what the control codes are, though I've
>been doing some googling.  Do you have a pointer to
>any appropriate reference material for figuring out
>the printer commands.  Also, I'm a bit light on
>>understanding how to add to the WSCST's!
>
>Thanks.
>

>> HTH
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> /Paul
>> --
>> Paul Tykodi
>> Principal Consultant
>> TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC
>>
>> E-mail: ptykodi@xxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> >date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:18:15 -0500
>> >from: Rich Duzenbury
>> ><rduz-midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> >subject: Epson DFX 8500
>> >
>> >Hi all,
>> >
>> >I've got a customer with an Epson DFX 8500
>installed.
>>  >Though this printer is a dot-matrix type printer,
>it
>> >can be loaded with two types of paper.   One in
>each
>> >'form tractor'.
>> >
>> >Customer is asking me to send spools to the
printer
>> >and have it automatically select the proper form
>> >tractor.
>> >
>> >According to the archives and IBM, the MFRTYPMDL
>> >use for this device is *EPDFX8000.  I did a
>>RTVWSCST
>> >and didn't see any special bits for
>> >selecting the proper 'bin', 'drawer' or 'tractor'.
>> >
>> >Has anyone managed to make such a printer select
>the
>> >proper form tractor?  If so, how?
>> >
>> >Thank you.
>> >
>> >Regards,