Hello All:

I'll have a real hands on in two weeks time in moving from 720 from i520. I've upgraded 720 to be running v5r3 and everything is running smoothly. Now my question is:

In normal approach, i would do a complete save (option 21) of 720 to a tape. Boot from D on the i520 and run the LIC installation, v5r3, additional license programs, user profile, ifs, system settings restoration, and etc from the tape. Tape is just too slowly at times .. :(

Is there any alternative in doing so without the tape? ObjectConnect seems a good alternative but then it would only send lib over, what about user profiles and other system settings?

Doing a complete save (option 21) to a savf seems a good idea, but i've left 10gb on 720, which is not sufficient. The whole box is around 100gb.

JOberholtzer@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Folks:

I believe Larry and I wrote this question.