Le dim. 09 oct. 2005 12:47:14, Daniel Ang Ee Khye écrivait:

> i've choosen B. and btw what does RISC to RISC migration means? I
> couldnt find much info from google.

The RISC-to-RISC migration is the same method we used in the past for
the CISC-to-RISC migration. It is used when you have to change at the
same time the hardware and the software.

The target system is loaded only with the microcode and the base OS400
at the target release.

You backup the entire source system with an equivalent of Save 21
(including a library created by RTVSYSINF command).

Then, on the target system, you restore user profiles, configuration,
NONSYS libraries, DLO, other directories of the IFS. And at last, you
perform a software upgrade for all but the base OS400 with the
installation media. Of course, you apply the last groups and cum PTFs
for all the software to be at the same level, and you apply the system
information with the UPDSYSINF command.