Who wrote the OBDC for non Microsoft products to run under Windows?  IBM
wrote their own.  Where is Microsoft's OBDC for platforms other than
Microsoft, non existent unless you purchase a third party product.
Microsoft does/will not write the OBDC drives for MVS, OS400, or Linux.
Yes Linux does have OBDC drivers for MS SQL but they are third party.
Not having used other non Microsoft or OS400 databases I cannot speak
for them but I do know that my XP SP2 machine does not have any non-MS
OBDC drivers except for the Client Access one I installed.

So be careful who you nit-pick.

Chris Bipes
Information Services Director
CrossCheck, Inc.