  From: "Dave Schnee"
  To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: 5250 telnet keepalive
  Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:44:52 -0400

  Albert:

  If you're using IBM's Client Access for Telnet, there is something
  you can
  do. That emulator does have the capability to send "keepalive"
  packets,
  but the means of turning it on is yet another IBM SECRET!

  For that reason, I posted a "tech tip" on my user group's web site.

  The site is: http://www.lisug.org

  And the specific tech tip is:
  http://www.lisug.org/Techtipclientaccess.htm

  Dave Schnee,
  Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

  Albert York wrote:
  > I have a situation where my telnet seesions keep timing out. For
  various
  > reason, which are not pertinent here, it is necessary for me to
  access
  > the AS/400 through another AS/400 and I can't use the passthrouhg
  > capability. So I have written a TCP/IP bridge program to accomplish
  which
  > has two sockets open and forwards whatever it receives on one
  socket to
  > the other socket. It works quite well except for the timeout
  problem.
  > After 15 minutes or so of inactivity the connection just hangs and
  have
  > to disconnect and reconnect.
  >
  > I would like to know if there is some UDDS string (like a poll)
  that my