I have sold my customers on Lexmark E332N which is a nice
little laser. They attach them through a 3488 and they work
like a champ. They sell for "around" $500.

If that's too high, the E234 will also work just fine.
They are "around" $300.

The "T" series is the next step up and they start at around
$500 but you get a little stronger printer.

Lexmark will attach to the AS/400 around 99.9% of the time
and give very good results.

Booth Martin wrote:

What laser printer to buy?  A client just asked for suggestions for a laser
printer to attach to his AS/400.  its a small shop, with relatively small
print runs.  His biggest print job is 8 copies of a 35 page report.  He is
currently using an Okidata Microline dot matrix attached to the back of a
terminal that has a printer port and two sessions.