From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bob O.
Sent: 09 September 2005 16:46
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ACOM PDF Module

   We are just starting out with ACOM's PDF module to create pdf file from
   spool files merged with forms.  The following is from their PDF manual:

   Create Multiple Image Files
   A spooled file can be burst into multiple image files by KUCVTPFP and
   KUCVTSFP
   when the description command NOTDesc filename.ext is included on the spool
   file pages.
   (filename=your file name and .ext= the file format: .pdf, .tif or .asc)
   Each spool file page with a file name in the NOTDesc command will be
   converted into a
   separate image file and assigned the file name associated with the NOTDesc
   command. The
   file name with extension can be up to 30 positions long and can contain
   any values.
   A page that has a previously assigned file name in its NOTDesc command
   will overwrite an
   existing file with that name.

   Pages without a NOTDesc command are considered a continuation of the
   will be included in the file with the previous page(s).
   Pages containing a NOTDesc command without a file name will not be
   converted

   How do you go about getting the NOTDesc command into the spool file page?
   Is it hard coded
   into a spool file or added somehow in the output specs?