I was surprised by this request, I will like your opinion.
Is it a normal procedure for IBM service to request a *SECOFR password
to diagnose a problem via telnet?

The message below is in spanish, a short translation is:
Juan Pablo, we need to access to your system in order to find out the
cause of your problems.
This is possible via Internet, to do it I need the IP address and that
you open port 23 in the firewall .
We also need an user type *SECOFR to get in the system.

In my place, will you open your machine like this?

Re: direccion Ip