Marty,

I was not aware of this.  I'll do some investigation to understand the
details.  If there is a security issue here, I will try to rattle some
cages...I can't promise any success though.  I am no longer directly
responsible for i5/OS security;  however, I was at the time QSHELL and PASE
were implemented.  If this is a security issue it got by me.

I'll try to remember to post any conclusions or actions taken on this.
Feel free to send me a personal e-mail if I don't get back to you for a
couple of weeks.

Rob,

If you think there are issues with security in the items you mentioned, the
best way to make them known to IBM is to submit a PMR with the details.
Even if your concerns are not answered to your satisfaction, it still
creates a paper trail that can be revisited if necessary (as I will be
doing with the one Marty described).

All,

Just ignore my initial post on this subject :-)

Patrick Botz
Senior Technical Staff Member
Rochester CTC, eServer Security Architecture & Consulting
iSeries Security Architect
(507) 253-0917, T/L 553-0917
CTC Fax # 507-253-2070
email: botz@xxxxxxxxxx

For more information on CTC, visit our website at
http://www.ibm.com/eserver/services
http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/services