Chris,

You can take a look at Validation Lists.
You can find sample code on ignite400, IIRC;
Carsten Flensberg wrote a *SRVPGM with most of those API's;
of course, CGIDEV2 contains some code on that
In November 1999 or 2000 Hawkins and Pence published an article in MC (title:
Can you keep a secret) at www.mcpressonline.com ;
Sorry, cannot suplly links, I used google to find those.

If you cannot find anyhing, mail me off-line, I have written some maintenance
programma's on validation lists, based on those samples.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler