I'm hoping someone else has been through this.

We are running TSM on a Linux box.  We have an NFS mount from our i5 running
V5R3 that TSM uses to archive files.  It was working ok except for two issue.

This first is that TSM cannot create a volume on the NFS mount greater than
1Gb.  While annoying, we can work with this, but we'd like to know why.  IBM
says that the IFS should allow the files to be bigger and that it has to be an
application problem.  I'm not a Linux expert, so I don't know what to look at
here.

The second problem is more critical.  Suddenly, last week, TSM stopped being
able to use new volumes.  It can create them, but when it tries to vary them on
it produces the message ANR7805E volume in use by another server.  This only
happens with new volumes, the old ones created earlier are still online and
being used correctly.  I haven't put any new PTF's on lately, and issuing a
RLSIFSLCK on the new file doesn't help.  I looked at the security on the files
and it is exactly the same as the other files.

My last question is, Does anyone use TSM running on the i5?  How well does this
work, and are there any pitfalls to watch out for?

Thanks as always
Wayne Johnston
Ripon Medical Center