From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: 07 July 2005 3:44 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: MOVEA in RPG Free

<SNIP>
D Ar2 S 1A Dim(9) D Wrk_Field S 5A
C                   Movea     Ar2           Wrk_Field
<ENDSNIP>

OPTION I:
D Ar2DS           ds
D Ar2 1A Dim(9) D Wrk_Field S 5A
 Wrk_Field=Ar2DS;

OPTION II:
D Ar2 S 1A Dim(9) D Wrk_Field S 5A
D x               s              5i 0
 For x=1 to %elem(Ar2);
   %subst(Wrk_Field:x:1)=Ar2(x);
 EndFor;

OPTION III:
Reevaluate the logic. Do you really need to move the field from one to the other? Maybe the whole logic is based on obsolete restrictions?

Additional archival search words: free format MOVEA rpg rpgle rpgile ile
From the archives:
Barb had a little contest on to see if anyone could find a good use for
MOVEA.  So far no clear winners.