A lot of good research and logic were laid open in the article, but it seemed
to me that developers could use REFACCPATH directives in DDS, or record
blocking directives in RPG, or other available techniques to swing the
performance results in favor of files created via DDS.  The intent of the
article seemed to be to delineate specific conditions under which DDL defined
files would perform better.  Useful information, but not conclusive.

Nathan M. Andelin

Dimitri Efimov <defimov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Another point:

do somebody able to confirm the performance boost of SQL created tables?

I repeated what was written in the article
(http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/resources/artarchive/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewarticle&CO_ContentID=20067&channel=)
 and made about 50 tests more with no success (program run nearly the same time
reading DDS o SQL created file).

Dmitri Efimov

Aviso Banco Wiese Sudameris

Este mensaje es privado y confidencial y solamente para la
persona a la que va dirigido. Esta sujeto a los terminos que
aparecen en http://www.bws.com.pe/aviso.shtml los cuales
forman parte de su contenido.