I hope I can get you accurate information here.

We have an LPARed 810 (we have 66% of the CPU) and just recently started to
notice some slow down. Last Thursday a job that normally takes 15 minutes,
took 4 hours. Friday and Wednesday (without any changes in between) ran
normally.Now this last weekend, we did a test upgrade of our ERP software
and many of the jobs are now taking about twice the time. Here are some
stats on this:

Step 1: Last time I ran one job at a time and took about 12.5 hours. This
time I ran 3 jobs at a time and it took 14.5 hours. Now to me, I would think
that I would save somewhere from 1/2 to 1/4 of the time by running more than
1 at a time. I know that running 3 at a time will make the jobs run slower,
but 2 to 3 times slower? This is using straight reads and writes.

Step 2 and 3: These two steps aren't complete yet, but the trend is the same
about 2 to 3 times slower. Last time I ran 4-6 jobs at a time, this time I
ran 6 the entire time. I should not be seeing this trend based on the
numbers I am seeing. This is using this SQL APIs for reads and writes.

So my conclusion is that there is a problem with performance. Our Admin says
he doesn't see anything. I don't know what all he checked, but I am coming
to you guys hoping for more ideas. The disk drives (according to WRKDSKSTS)
aren't being hit very hard. CPU has been running 95+ percent the entire
time, even though job percentages in WRKACTJOB don't add up to 95+%.
WRKSYSSTS looks to be normal as well. The Admin said that the cache battery
isn't low and there isn't a lot of CPU usage on the disk controller. To our
knowledge, no PTs or other configuration changes have occurred in the past
few months.

The only major change between the two upgrades is that I upgraded the
upgrade programs (rather scary that this happens monthly) and some tweaking
on Lawson's config files, mostly to delivered settings. These settings where
tested with a single job in this upgrade and took about 1/2 the time to
process. So I would have expected better performance this time, not worse.

Any suggestions on where else to look for this bottle neck would be greatly
appreciated!