Steve, this is a good point.  I have to think about it a little more,
but as you have explained it, static methods may well be a good
compromise between procedural and class-based languages.  And once you
have the syntax, then you just need to add a variable type of "object"
to each procedural language, and an interface to garbage collection, and
you can move into OO pretty seamlessly.

Interesting...

Joe