Hi Alan C.,

> I kind of think that we would have been better off if IBM had given us that
> choice. New compiler for ILE development. You want to stay in the old
> monolith
> world, just keep writing RPG III. As I have said many times, I think IBM
> should
> still do it. Quit screwing around with the old stuff and give us a clean new
> version. If people are going to write RPG III monolith code, they are just
> going
> to keep doing that. Why do they want new features? At least that is what it
> is
> like in my shop. 20 some programmer just writing RPG III in RPG IV and I am
> only
> using ILE. One guy uses new features but still writes monolith. Everybody
> else
> writing RPG III in RPG IV and using nothing of new features.

I was a one-man shop, and rather appreciated being able to "ease forward"
without just going bang all at once. This is in keeping also with my strong
philosophy that the idea that incremental changes, especially into production
environments, are far superior to big bangs for many reasons

Now that is, granting that there are exceptions.

- AlanC. :)