Rob,

Thanks for the heads up.  It will take 5 minutes to unpucker certain
anatomical parts that contracted when you mentioned Tivoli but I'll make
it.

And I will try to be more loose in the future....thanks again!

             rob@xxxxxxxxx

             PM                        Midrange Systems Technical
                                       Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             Please respond to                                          cc
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical                                         Subject
                Discussion             Re: Profile self-service
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Mike,

I know that Chris is looking at something along these lines also.  You
might contact him.  I think the word Tivoli is somewhat involved.

And, don't hold back, let us really know what you think about the new
mangement (sp error intended).

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Mike.Crump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
06/02/2005 03:31 PM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Profile self-service

I'm working on two possibilities but was wondering if anyone was familiar
with a software package that:

1.)  Verifies user identity through a series of challenge questions and

2.)  Allows them to change/reset/unlock their account.

NetIQ (ie Pentasafe) has something close with their Vigilent and
PSPasswordManager products but I don't think all the pieces are there.

Triaworks (Powerlock) might have something if TIM PM ever sees the
sunlight
of GA.....

http://www.triaworks.com/downloads/TIM%20PM%20Datasheet.pdf

Due to constraints beyond my control we will be on a NT 4.0 domain for a
while so a good SSO solution may not be in my near future.  I'm looking at
some other types of reduced SO options but in the mean time need to
investigate this.  Even if I can't do self service my audit/parent company
(ie: those bloodsucking night creatures without a real job) demands will
necessitate that we maintain a challenge question database for my end
users
so that we can correctly identify John Smith and not be socially
engineered.  So, my drop back position is to have an application that
allows me to setup, manage, and identify end users by challenge questions.

Michael Crump
Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302
(765)741-7696
(765)741-7012 f
(800)428-8642

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us
from the support of a cause we believe to be just"  Abraham Lincoln

list