I upgraded a V4R5M0 Model 170 with 12GB of DASD over the weekend and was surprised to go from 54% to 89% disk utilization. Can that be correct?

I also had a problem where I watched the % system ASP continue to climb until I did an ENDSBS *ALL at which point the % dropped back to about 92%. After applying the latest group PTF's I couldn't IPL due to lack of space (at least that is the error that displayed). I re-IPL'd once again and managed to end all the subsystems before the ASP utilization reached 98% and then it dropped back to about 92% again.

I selectively started just a few subsystems/jobs and I am limping along OK now. So here are my questions:

1. Is the use of an additional 4GB of DASD normal for a V4R5M0 to V5R2M0 upgrade?
2. If not, is there a specific place I should look for temporary objects I can jettison?
3. How would you go about looking for the "runaway" job (at least I am assuming that the slow increase in %ASP use was due to a runaway job...).

It is a slightly old CUME (C4244520) (just ordered the latest) but I have a model 800 at the same level and didn't experience the increasing % ASP utilization problem.

Ideas?

Pete Helgren