I was one of the first customers in the world to have an HMC, and to be
polite, it didn't work well in the beginning.

I own a product that programs to the HMC, and it will be fully functional
when the 4/25 release of the HMC's closed proprietary software, which has
not yet shipped.

The product was shipped clearly 6 months to a year before it was ready, and
IBM's reaction was to emulate a river in Egypt. (Da Nile)

No, I'm not happy about it.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             Patricia Garrity
             <patricia_grrty@y
             ahoo.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             05/23/2005 08:11                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: Death of SNA?

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Al,

Yes - the question I was asking was why you would say
"You should take joy in the fact that you can't use
one!"  when refering to the i5 and HMC.

Regards

Pat

Patricia Garrity
Garrity Systems

--- Al Barsa <barsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pat,
>
> The HMC will only work with i5 systems, and these
> require V5R3.  Am I
> missing your question???
>
> Al
>
> Al Barsa, Jr.
> Barsa Consulting Group, LLC
>
> 400>390
>
> "i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
> e gads
>
> Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!
>
> 914-251-1234
> 914-251-9406 fax
>
> http://www.barsaconsulting.com
> http://www.taatool.com
> http://www.as400connection.com
>

>              Patricia Garrity
>
>              <patricia_grrty@y
>
>              ahoo.com>
>              Sent by:                  Midrange
> Systems Technical
>              midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
>
>              s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>                    cc
>

>              05/22/2005 06:55
>               Subject
>              PM                        RE: Death of
> SNA?
>

>              Please respond to
>
>              Midrange Systems
>
>                  Technical
>
>                 Discussion
>
>              <midrange-l@midra
>
>                  nge.com>
>

> Al,
>
> Why would you say that?
>
> Pat.
>
> Patricia Garrity
> Garrity Systems.
>
> --- Al Barsa <barsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > You should take joy in the fact that you can't use
> > one!
> >
> > Al
> >
> > Al Barsa, Jr.
> > Barsa Consulting Group, LLC
> >
> > 400>390
> >
> > "i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
> > e gads
> >
> > Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!
> >
> > 914-251-1234
> > 914-251-9406 fax
> >
> > http://www.barsaconsulting.com
> > http://www.taatool.com
> > http://www.as400connection.com
> >

> >              Jeffrey Young
> >
> >              <cooljeff913@yaho
> >
> >              o.com>
> >              Sent by:                  Midrange
> > Systems Technical
> >              midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
> >
> >              s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> >                    cc
> >

> >              05/16/2005 10:51
> >               Subject
> >              AM                        RE: Death
> of
> > SNA?
> >

> >              Please respond to
> >
> >              Midrange Systems
> >
> >                  Technical
> >
> >                 Discussion
> >
> >              <midrange-l@midra
> >
> >                  nge.com>
> >

> > The HMC can only connect to the i5 systems (5xx).
> >

> > "Goodbar, Loyd (ETS - Water Valley)"
> [...]
=== message truncated ===