Thanks, Darel, for your response. It is always good to see IBMers respond here, as you can.

I'm glad to see that y'all know what we've seen from the start - the V5R3 version was several orders of magnitude slower, etc. I look forward to any improvements.

It does seem that no one had actually done a "real-world" test on some of this stuff. I mean to go to a site that is not inside the walls at IBM. And try to use this turkey. It had to be obvious that there were problems from day 1. But I don't know that for sure. I do know that even using it with a local installation from the CD or an iSeries was painful.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Vern