midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   2. Re: CPYFRMIMPF and double delimiters (daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
>
>Interesting...  I tried this, first on our V5R1 system and got this:
>
>....+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+.
>MYTEXT                                  MYNBR
>1 1/2                                       1
>********  End of data  ********
>
>Next, I tried it on our V5R3 system and got this:
>....+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+.
>MYTEXT                                  MYNBR
>1 1/2"" of stuff                            1
>********  End of data  ********
>
>I copied and pasted the commands from one screen to another.  Both systems
>got the latest PTF's in January so they shouldn't be too far off.

Keep in mind that "latest PTFs" is not the same as "latest cumulative PTF
package". Did you mean you have installed the latest cumes?

There may be any number of relevant PTFs that are not on any cume package and
never will be on a cume package. These PTFs must be ordered individually if you
need them. Sometimes they provide new features; sometimes they handle
situations that are relevant or needed only by a relatively few customers.

It may be that IBM decides to include them in a cume package only after a
sufficient number of customers ask for them. I don't know if IBM has ever
explicitly stated what criteria determines whether one goes on a cume.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.