When you say that the iseries can log in thru the vpn client, what do
you mean? I was picturing the remote client making a vpn connection to
the DLS router, is there some kind of vpn service that you are using?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Franz
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 11:45 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: dsl dilemna

>If you post the routing table of the AS/400 and the client that might
help.

I just sent this to Bellsouth,
(There is only 1 lan switch - everything plugs into it)
Bellsouth T1 router/firewall 10.10.10.12  ethernet     -->       lan
switch
Bellsouth NetVPN router 10.10.10.11    ethernet   -->        lan switch
IBM iSeries server           10.10.10.10    ethernet  --->        lan
switch
HP Printer                       10.10.10.5     ethernet  ---->
lan
switch
HP Printer                        10.10.10.1    ethernet  -->
lan
switch
other fixed ip devices must be in range 10.10.10.1 thru 10.10.10.99
many pc's                    10.10.10.100 - 10.10.10.150 ethernet -->
lan
switch

The Bellsouth T1 router is providing NAT & DHCP for local pc's to surf
internet
      The DHCP pool for local pc's is 10.10.10.100 thru 10.10.10.150
The iSeries is both file/application server & web server

The iSeries default gateway is 10.10.10.11 and 2nd gateway is
10.10.10.12
The iSeries can ping both gateway addresses
Log in thru vpn client, can ping it's own inside address 10.10.10.11,
but
nothing else
on 10.x.x.x lan
Firewall is only blocking ports for inbound originated traffic.

iSeries interfaces
Internet         Subnet           Interface
Address          Mask             Status
10.10.10.10      255.0.0.0        Active
70.151.59.xxx    255.0.0.0        Active
127.0.0.1        255.0.0.0        Active
Routes:
Route            Subnet           Next
Destination      Mask             Hop
*DFTROUTE        *NONE            10.10.10.11
*DFTROUTE        *NONE            10.10.10.12
tia
jim