> > Not just VARPG. They give us a free Web server. They give us CGIDEV2 for
> > free. They give us Tomcat for free. And Java.  For the same price we pay
> > for VARPG, we get access to a plethora of other tools, many of them GUI.
>
> once you pay your 10K for the box - then you get this software for no
> additional charge.  I have v5r1 on a 170.  In order to get the managed
> provider for .net I would have to spend thousands to upgrade to v5r3.

If you have v5r1, you have the webserver.  If you have v5r1, you have
Net.Data.  If you can run v5r1, you can probably run Tomcat (we ran it
on a 170 running v5r1 - started slowly but worked OK once it was
running).  If you can run v5r1, you should have PASE (or was it still
$100 on v5r1?), so you can run PHP.

Even at v5r1, you have options.

Mike E.