Thanks Chad...
_____________________
Kirk Goins CCNA
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.
IBM Certified iSeries Solutions Expert
IBM Certified iSeries e-Business Infrastructure
IBM Certified Designing IBM e-business Solutions
Office 503-353-1721 x106 Cell 503-577-9519
kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      www.manageinc.com

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/20/2005 04:51 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: IBM Thin Client and V5R3

If they're using IBM Netstation Manager on the iSeries to run the Thin
Clients it's probably a dead solution at this point.

We experienced the same on our backup iSeries, and had to do some
scrambling to come up with a new solution before upgrading our production
machine.  Netstation manager won't function anymore at V5R3 (it's been
unsupported for a loooong time now...).  I did a good bit of research
before upgrading and never really found any concrete info saying it would
finally break with V5R3.  We even got in touch with a Netstation Manager
consult line expert and he did not have any tricks to get it working again
with V5R3.

We were facing an upgrade to 520s the next month and HAD to get to V5R3 on
those 2 machines.  What we did was keep our Websphere/Domino oriented
model
800 at V5R2 and migrated the Netstation Manager profiles to that machine
and used it to run the thin clients for several months (until we
researched
and purchased a new thin client solution; we went with IGEL flash cards
that installed in our existing IBM 2200 thin clients).

             kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxx
             om

             midrange-l-bounce         midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc

                                                                   Subject

             04/19/2005 09:54          IBM Thin Client and V5R3
             PM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

 I upgraded a client from V5R1 to V5R3 last weekend and it broke an older
IBM ThinClient. It boots, downloads it's kernel and gets to the signon
screen. Any signon attempts result in an Authentication Error on the
ThinClient and the message ID of NSC3005. I can't find any errors on the
170 or that msgid out here on the web.  It's the only one they have left
and it's not in a critical place, but I would still like to get it
working...

Any help greatly appreciated
_____________________
Kirk Goins CCNA
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.
IBM Certified iSeries Solutions Expert
IBM Certified iSeries e-Business Infrastructure
IBM Certified Designing IBM e-business Solutions
Office 503-353-1721 x106 Cell 503-577-9519
kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      www.manageinc.com

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
list

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com

ForwardSourceID:NT0001E83A