Interesting statistics. They're comparing it to IBM UDB 8.2, that's NOT
the iSeries/i5/AS400 version. I would be interested in seeing a comparison
there.

An independent study finds Oracle Database 10g more cost-effective to
manage than IBM DB2 Universal Database 8.2.

Oracle Database 10g compared to IBM DB2 Universal Database 8.2:

Allowed DBAs to perform administrative functions in 46% less time
Required 29% fewer steps for the same RDBMS administrative tasks
Took 58% less time and 30% fewer steps for backup and recovery
Required 76% less time and was 62% less complex in performance diagnostics
and tuning

"Steve Landess" <sjl_abc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces+ron_adams=cranevalve.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/07/2005 02:35 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion