A model capable of running V5R3 but not a 7xx, 170, or 250.  This specific
list of models that are not capable of clock/time adjustment is called out
in the V5R3 Memo to Users (under SNTP client changes).

Bruce Vining

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             midrange-l-bounce                                          To
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Midrange Systems Technical
                                       Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             04/06/2005 11:41                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: V5R3 Automatic Time Change
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion

But, what exactly does "V4R5 or later hardware" mean?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Haase, Justin C." <justin.haase@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/06/2005 11:14 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: V5R3 Automatic Time Change

Ok - I went and checked for myself just to be safe.  Do a search in
infocenter on "time adjustment" and click the first result - you get a
page which says:

----
To make time adjustments, you must be using a version of OS/400 V5R3 or
later with V4R5 or later hardware.
----

I knew I read it somewhere.

Justin C. Haase - iSeries System Administrator
IBM Certified Systems Expert - eServer i5
Kingland Systems Corporation
email - justin.haase@xxxxxxxxxxxx